There are two ways of installing Microsoft office 2010. The first is installing Ms Office 2010 by Disc maybe CD/DVD. And the second way is by Downloading It. Either way you get the setup for the Office 2010, and you can easily install Office 2010.
However, if you have a disk drive for installation of office then you are at good lucks. The original disc for Office 2010, is issued with its key. Now when installing the Microsoft Office from Disk, then you will get your Microsoft Office 2010 Product Key just printed on your disk cover. However, if you have downloaded it from the internet then surely you going to have the office keys. You can either get them through email if you have purchased office online, or you can simply find them.
Due to the potential backward compatibility issues the default installed version is 32-bit. However, if the 64-bit version is a better choice, follow the 64-bit installation procedure in this article.
- If you want to do a custom install or uninstall where you select only some apps, see the section below Install or remove individual Office programs or components.
- Insert the Office 2010 disc into the drive. If the setup wizard doesn’t start automatically, navigate to the disc drive and click SETUP.EXE.
- If you don’t have a disc, you can download and install Office with your product key.
- When prompted, enter the product key.
- Read and accept the Microsoft Software License Terms, and then click Continue.
- Follow the Prompts and few more settings,
- After Office installs, click Close.
- Now Activation Wizard for Microsoft office 2010 will get started if you have not used license keys for activation.
- Click I want to activate the software over the Internet, and then follow the prompts.
- Activate the software over the Internet
- Sometimes due to the offer, you get the free trial version for office 2010. In such cases, you’ll need to activate Office to keep your Office programs after trial expires.
- If you don’t activate it when you install, you can activate it later from an Office application by clicking File > Help > Activate Product Key.
How to remove or install Different Office Programs?
If you only want to install certain programs from your Office suite – for example, you have Office Home and Business and want to install Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook but not OneNote – you can choose a custom installation during setup.
I.Customize Programs at the time of installation: Follow the simple steps while installing Office 2010.
1.Initiate the installation of your Office suite.
2.In the Choose the installation you want dialog box, click Customize.
3.On the Installation Options tab, right click the programs that you do not want installed, and then click Not Available Not Available.
4.Click Install now to complete the custom installation.
II.Install or remove individual programs of office after its installation.
When you first try to use a feature that is not yet installed, Office usually installs the feature automatically.If the feature that you want is not installed automatically, do the following:
1.Exit all programs.
2.In Microsoft Windows, click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.Do one of the following:
2.1. Windows 7 and Windows Vista. Click Programs, and then click Programs and Features. Click the name of the Microsoft Office suite or program you want to change, and then click Change.
2.2. Microsoft Windows XP Click Add or Remove Programs, and then click Change or Remove Programs. Click the name of the Microsoft Office suite or program you want to change, and then click Change.
- In the Office Setup dialog box, click Add or Remove Features, and then click Next.
- Click the custom installation options that you want.
- Click a plus sign (+) to expand a folder and see more features.
The symbol next to each feature indicates how that feature will be installed by default. You can change how the feature will be installed by clicking its symbol, and then selecting another symbol from the list that appears
You can also use the keyboard to browse through features and change feature options. Use the UP ARROW and DOWN ARROW keys to select features. Use the RIGHT ARROW key to expand a feature that contains one or more sub-features. Use the LEFT ARROW key to collapse an expanded feature. When you have selected the feature that you want to change, press SPACEBAR to display the menu of setup choices. Use the UP ARROW and DOWN ARROW keys to select the setup option that you want, and then press ENTER.