How to Program an RCA Universal Remote
We use different types of electronic gadgets and appliances at home. The smart TVs, Blue-ray players, DVD players, cable box, home theater receivers, media streamers, and many other such devices. It is too common that having a different remote control for every single device causes somewhat inconvenience. Each time, we have to get to the specific remote of a certain device to play it.
Wouldn’t it be nice if we can have a single remote for all our home electronics devices? Yes, of course! Needless to say that everyone wants that comfort. But is it possible? The answer is yes. The gimmick is called the Universal remote control. A universal remote control is the one that is able to be programmed and can be operated for several electronic devices like TV, DVD players, VCR, etc. of various brands.
The remote controls are usually programmed by the user wanting to operate several devices. These can be programmed by using codes provided in the manuals or you can even program a universal remote without codes.
These types of remote controls can replace all the different remotes originally you had with the particular appliances. A universal remote has to be programmed differently for each different device but only once. Then the user is able to operate all those devices from that same single handheld remote. Usually, the programmable IR blaster technology is used for the functioning.
How to Program a Universal Remote to a TV
How to Program an RCA Universal Remote
Most remote can work on all TVs made in recent years. But it depends upon the model of universal remote you are using that how many and which types of devices can you control using it. There are three main types of universal remote controls. The IR-based or InfraRed using remotes are still popular everywhere.
Most of the remotes from your smart TV manufacturing company and cable operators are these types of remotes. Though having less number of functionalities is their negative point, they have the big plus for availability at a low cost.
Hub-based remote controls have to work by using additional hardware named hub for the conversion of signals from Bluetooth or WiFi to IR signals. This enables them to have control of multiple devices of multiple brands.
Hybrid remotes are the third type, are known to rely on IR as well as relying on the combined power of WiFi and Bluetooth with the other technology and producing multi functional results.
The advantages are many. So, if you have got an RCA universal remote, let’s get to watch out how to get it ready for operating. To control several different types of devices of various brands, you must program your universal remote. Here is the procedure to guide you on how to program an RCA universal remote.
For programming the universal remote for the TV or any other device, you need to enter the code for the brand of the device. But if you don’t have the codes you can still get your work done.
program for universal remote for the TV or any other Device
- The first step to insert batteries into the universal remote control.
- You must turn on your TV or another device you want to program the universal remote to. Then you have to press and release the Device button on the remote. It depends on the product you wish to program the remote as it is available on your remote with the label.
- The next step is to press the Device and the Power button. Note that it should be done both at once. The Power button will turn off and on again. Then you should release them both.
- Now press and release the Play button. After waiting for some time you will see the device turning off. This is the sign of finding the right code by your remote. If you haven’t seen it turned off, you have to repeat the process of pressing the Play button, waiting, and turn off. You must follow this until your device turns off.
- For turning on your device, you have to keep pressing and releasing the Reverse button on the remote. When you see it is turned back on, as it has found the correct code, you have to save the code by pressing the Stop button.
- Try pressing other buttons and using some functions of remote just to verify their working on your TV or another intended device.
- You can use this automatic option in case of not having the manual and the code for programming your RCA universal remote to a TV or other such devices like cable box, media streamer, DVD player, etc.
- A universal remote is what comes to rescue in the situation when you have lost your original remote and need a not-so-expensive option for the replacement. The universal remote is also a single nice substitute for the many different remotes controlling various electronic media devices.