How to get Refund from Google Play Store
Today most people use Android phones. We have different types of apps installed on our android phones most of these apps are downloaded from a digital store called Google Play. These apps satisfy our required needs. Most of the apps on Google play are free but some of them are paid. Not just apps but Google Play store also provides movies, music, books, games, and audiobooks for download. Most of the content of the Google play store is free of cost. But some content needs money to download. You can pay this money by credit/debit card or by any other mode of online purchase available.
How to get a Refund from Google Play Store
Sometimes we may purchase the app, game, movie, or any e-book or audiobook we don’t need. It happens by mistake when the purchased item is not exactly what we wanted or it is not compatible with your phone. But there is no need to worry as you can request a refund from the Google play store. In this article, we will go on to discuss the methods to get a refund from the Google play store.
How to get Google play refund within 2 hours of purchase
If you download any paid game, app, or any other digital content from the play store. After downloading you realize that it is not the product you wanted. You can apply for a refund from the Google play store. It steps are as follow.
- Step 1: Open the Google play store app
- Step 2: Navigate to the app or game you purchased.
- Step 3: as long as you are within 2 hours’ time limit you will see a Refund button tap on it. A message will pop up that you want a refund and uninstall the app. Tap on yes. The above process works only if you apply for a refund in a first-time purchase if you do it a second time it will not work for you.
How to get a refund from google under 48 hours of purchase.
Even if you missed 2 hours time interval you can still get a refund from Google within 48 hours if you also missed 48 hours you have to contact the developer of the app then he will decide whether you are eligible for a refund or not which is even more tricky.
Steps to claim a refund within 48 hours of purchase:
- open a web browser and sign in to your google account.
- Scroll down to “Order History” and select the order you want to return
- To the right of the order, click More.
- Click o request a refund.
- Complete the form and point out that you would like a refund.
You can get a refund by following the above process only by using a browser.
How to get refund from google play store after 48 hours of purchase
if you miss the 48-hour window you have to directly email the developer then he will decide whether you are eligible for a refund or not. To contact the developer you have to follow the following steps.
- Open the Google play store app.
- Tap the three horizontal lines at the top of the left to open the menu.
- Select Account and under it select Order history
- Tap on the app or game you want to return and select view.
- Select send an email by scrolling down to the developer section.
- In the email write a justified reason why you want a refund.
How to get refund for in-app-purchase.
The process of refund for in-app purchases is the same as mentioned above for 2 hours, less than 48 hours, and more than 48 hours.
How to get a refund for Google Play movies, TV shows, and books
You can get a refund for the purchase of movies and books also on the google play store. You can get a refund unless you have not watched a movie or read a book. The period of refund is different in different countries in India it is 7 days. You have to visit http:/play.google.com/store/account then you have to select “Order history” and to the right of the order, click o three vertical dots. Click “Report a problem” and fill out the form.
How long does it takes to get a google play refund?
The time taken by google to refund for your purchase on the play store depends upon the method of payment you selected at the time of purchase. If you use google wallet balance or Google play balance then google only takes 1 day to refund the amount back in your account.
If you use a debit/credit card or net banking then google may take 3 to 5 working days to refund you. If you want a full refund then you should take action as soon as possible if let time runs out of your hand so does your money.
Dos to get refund form Google play store.
- Always use google wallet balance to purchase the app, game, or any digital product because it will make the refund process easy.
- Remember time is money the more quickly you apply for a refund the chances of getting it are increased.
- Provide a mobile number and email to link to your bank account to google play store.
- While filling the form for a refund or sending an e-mail to the developer use polite language and express a genuine reason to get a refund.
Don’t get a refund from the google play store.
- Purchase an app without reading the app description and user review.
- Don’t purchase an app that is too expensive and notorious.
- Don’t provide google’s wrong phone number or email id.
- While requesting for a refund through e-mail or form doesn’t provide details of Net-banking username and password or any confidential financial information.
1. Which is the most ideal way of getting a refund for apps and games purchased on the google play store?
Ans: The most ideal way of getting a refund for apps and games purchased on the google play store is to apply for a refund within 2 hours of purchase.
2. How you can apply for a refund within 48 hours window?
Ans: You have to visit the play store website using a browser then under a link you have to fill a form for a refund.
3. If you missed the 48-hour window can you still apply for a refund.
Ans: Yes, but now you have to contact the developer via e-mail based on your justification for refund in an e-mail the developer will decide whether you are eligible or not for a refund.
4. What is the time period for a refund for a movie or book Does google play store?
Ans: In India, the time period is 7 days.