Audible Membership Cancel
Audible offers a nice digital version of books for book lovers. It is a convenient and comfortable way to listen to audiobooks.
In 2008, Audible was bought by Amazon.com. Audible, now an Amazon company is a producer and seller of spoken audio content. Audible sells audiobooks, audio versions of newspapers and magazines. It also sells radio and TV programs.
Audible is also the largest producer of downloadable audiobooks through Audible Studios which is its production wing. It can be accessed and enjoyed through a special closed software by using an Amazon account.
Audible has the largest collection of audiobooks and original ad-free audio shows.
You can join Audible for free for 30 days and get an audiobook free with various other benefits.
After becoming a subscriber, you will get one credit in your account as per your plan. You can purchase any one audiobook of any value. The credit is liable to be carried forward to next month for the monthly members.
Audiobooks available are of different genres such as thriller, romance, suspense, education, and podcasts.
If you are a working professional or a caring homemaker or someone who has a busy lifestyle and find very little time, you can best utilize your time reading (listening) books. Audible’s library contains nearly 200,000 audiobooks.
Audible offers four basic plans for membership. Golf Monthly gives 1 credit per month. Platinum gives 2 credits per month, Gold Annual Special has 12 credits to offer whereas Platinum Annual offers 24 credits per month. One credit gives the user one title. After using up all the credits for the month or year users can get titles at a 30% discount.
For using Audible, you must have an Amazon account and download the Audible App. It can be downloaded for any operating system like Windows, iOS, or Android.
After signing up on the Audible app, you will get one title free. After that, by browsing the vast library of Audible you can choose your titles according to your monthly or annual plan. Further, you will get a 30% discount on any title you wish to purchase without credits plus two free Audible Originals every month. You are free to exchange any audiobooks within a year of purchasing.
How to Cancel Audible Membership?
Not satisfied with Audible?
- Audible is a great place to listen to audiobooks. Still, you may wish to discontinue using it –
- You may find the monthly subscription cost too high.
- You may be a book-lover and wants to read them in a traditional way.
- You may be unsatisfied with the recommendation system of Audible.
- Even canceling membership may result from getting new cheaper and better alternatives for Audible.
- Any reason above mentioned or other than these may have brought you to the decision of canceling the membership of Audible.
- After the 30-day trial period is over Audible automatically renews your chosen membership plan as you have to submit our payment details while signing up. So, you have to cancel Audible membership manually in order to stop the service.
- It will suggest you use the credits remaining if you have any. If you cancel the membership you will lose all your credits. But the sweet thing is that you can keep the audiobooks you had even after cancellation of the membership.
For canceling the Audible membership follow the steps mentioned below :
- Open the web browser and go to the Audible desktop site. You are not able to cancel a subscription from the phone and tablet app.
- You will see your name there. Click on the dropdown arrow there and select ‘Account Details’.
- Under ‘Your Membership’ select ‘Cancel Membership’.
- If you do it in the right way, it will generate an email as proof of the canceling process.
- Remember, this can be done from the desktop version. Your membership cancellation can not be done by just deleting the app from your phone or tablet. Otherwise, you will get charged automatically.
- You will get all the credits even after the cancellation. The audiobooks will also be with you and you can burn them on CDs, DVDs, or save them to pen drives.