Does Avast Cleanup work?
Avast antivirus is a well-known name for computer users. Avast is one of the oldest names in the field. Avast Cleanup Premium was launched in late 2017. It was launched with the combined efforts of Avast and AVG. As Avast has acquired AVG in 2016.
There is a free and paid version called Premium. Though, most basic features are offered in the free version, the Premium version offers much more useful things. Avast is not only antivirus software. It offers other tools like anti-tracking, cloud software, and cleans-up software. The user interface is attractive as well as efficient.
Avast Cleanup is Antivirus Software?
What’s Avast Cleanup?
Avast Cleanup Premium is a tool to optimize the computer. It is used to organize your files, clean the registry, declutter, and make the computer run faster. Avast Cleanup assures the running of the system smoothly and fast. It updates software and drivers, too. It is a part of the Avast Ultimate bundle.
Avast Cleanup Functions
- This frees up space by deleting junk files like temp files, windows files, program setup files, files in the recycle bin and actually speeds up computers.
- It regularly performs maintenance tasks such as deleting browser cache, broken shortcuts, broken registry items, system junk, etc.
- It runs a scan for fixing problems such as disk errors, device and driver issues, unusual Windows setting which may cause malfunctioning of your system.
- Avast Cleanup is able to keep your drivers and update. As it will take care of the updating, you need to worry about the hacker attacks due to outdated apps and drivers.
- It can put background programs to sleep.
- It can be set on an automatic scheduled mode so that it will perform all the checkups and cleanups without you to remember it. It will also save you time.
- Avast Cleanup has kept updating its functions since it has been in the market. So, the addition of new features is always there as a cherry on ice cream.
- Can Avast undo the changes?
- Avast Premium can undo some changes done. It can undo fixing broken shortcuts, disabling startup programs, fixing broken registry items, uninstalling unnecessary programs, and some other tasks.
- Avast costs approximately $50 per year. For 2 years it is offered for $89.99. While the 3 years subscription will make you spend $129.99.
- Point to be noted is that the mobile version of Avast, Avast cleanup for Android is totally free.
Is it worth the price?
To be honest, it is a bit costly, though it is really efficient. It is one of the necessary tools for the PC. Those who are not so tech-savvy will need it more as it performs numerous functions and you are totally kept tension-free regarding your computer. It keeps you totally free of the worries of routine boring chores which necessary to be performed for the good health of your PC. As it is automatic and pre-scheduled, you don’t need to do almost anything to have your computer system clean and neat.
But a few alternative software available can be tried if you want to save a few bucks.
To sum up
So, the bottom line is that if you are agreeing to pay the price, Avast Cleanup provides you with standard service and takes care of your computer system very well.