Can you unsend an email
Here, We explain how to recall a Gmail message, whether it is on Android or a desktop browser, whether your emotions are going better and you are quickly aware of your mistake or if you have accidentally sent an email to the wrong person.
Gmail provides an efficient, quick way before the worst happens to unsend or recall an e-mail. This returns the email and prevents it from being displayed in anybody’s box until you are ready. Undo Send is one of the most useful features of Gmail to get you out of your trouble and works both in your mobile applications and your desktop.
So, Have a look at How to use this undo feature of Gmail on both mobile and the web.
How to recall an email in gmail already sent
Step 1: Check your unsend settings
In the past, you had to allow the option Unsend to retrieve Gmail emails. However, this is a default feature for Gmail, so it’s still on now. However, you still should check the settings so that it is adjusted correctly.
Begin with your account by logging in to Gmail. Then, in the upper right corner, select the gear icon above your email list. Choose Settings from this menu.
Step 2: change Settings if necessary
In the settings menu, you can activate or modify all the special functions in Gmail. Scroll down to the Undo Sending section in the General tab. At the right of your screen, you’ll see the default setting time to ”send cancellation periods that is set to 5 seconds, but you can tap on the drop-down menu to switch it to 30 seconds. Scroll down to the end of the page and click Save changes.
One thing that you need to keep in your mind is that no emails enter your Outbox before 30 seconds have elapsed if you raise this feature to the maximum time.
If you’re afraid to send the wrong email, the cancellation time should likely be set to at least 10 seconds to be safe. It is not very long five seconds to know that you have taken the wrong approach and hit the option unsend. Scroll down to the bottom of the Configuration section and save your changes.
Remember that the email should appear as long as the unending option is available in the inboxes of your mail address. Remembering that email will make it disappear, but someone might have started reading it, so acting fast is still essential.
Step 3: Send a test email
Now that you have to remember how long an e-mail is needed, it’s time to test it out. Click Set up and email yourself easily. Click the Blue Send button if you’re ready.
Look right now at your Gmail window’s lower-left corner. A quick notification that tells you that Message is being sent should be displayed. Undo will be a choice in the center of the notification bar.
When you wait, you see the option Undo disappearing, it means your cancellation is over and it is too late to remember your email. We suggest that you try it several times just to feel how long your cancellation period lasts. If you are uncertain how long to set cancellation period.
Hit the Undo option and your e-mail will pop up in the same condition when you sent it. You can change the content or address it freely before you send it as intended. There’s no time limit once an email is remembered for how long you have to work on it — or you can just remove it and start it over.
Recalling an email on iOS or Android
Same As the web browser, It is very simple to Recalling an email on iOS or Android and the best thing is that you don’t need to change any options or settings.
After sending an email, at the end of your screen, you will see the option to Undo (though not on the left). Just click on that button, and you ought to go well. Remember that only for a matter of seconds the key will show up, so make sure you act quickly.
Recalling an email on a PC or laptop
Recalling a Gmail message on a PC or laptop browser is much the same as on Android, it works. After you’ve pressed Send, look down to the left of the screen for a “message sent” option, with additional undo/view message options. then Click Unsend to reappear, so you can edit or remove your message as needed. Here’s the simple way of recall an email that has been already sent in Gmail.
- First of all, you have to log in to your Gmail account on your computer.
- Second step, what you have to do is click on the Settings icon (the one that looks like a gear) in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Third step, you have to select the option for Settings, From the Settings menu.
- Fourth step, now, you have to assure that the General tab is selected, From the Settings window.
- Now, coming to the fifth step, Search for the setting that says Undo Send.
- In the sixth step, what you need to do is just click the checkbox, To Allow Undo Send.
- Now we have reached the seventh step and in this step, you have to Press the drop-down to set the sending cancellation time to avoid the email being sent in the number of seconds. It is 5, 10, 20, or 30 seconds that you choose.
- Now, in the eighth step, You just need to Tap on the Save Changes button at the bottom of the Settings screen.
- To check the function, please click the Compose button on your Gmail account page in the upper left corner.
- Now in the 10th step, you have to draw a message and then click the button Send.
- Now, coming to the 11th step, You will see a message at the top of the screen that says: “Your message was sent.
- In the 12th step, Tap on the Undo button to stop the message being sent.
- In case you want to make any change, Gmail keeps the email from leaving and reveals it and then resends it. If not, the email can be easily opened and placed in your Drafts folder where it can be preserved or deleted.
How to Recall an Email sent after 1 hour
For regretted emails that were sent more than 30 seconds ago, the Gmail Email Unsend option does not work. A potential major problem will only be resolved if you catch it in 30 seconds.
If your mail was sent more than 30 seconds ago, it could be best to ask forgiveness or to hope that it doesn’t open the post. As most people have lots of spam, they may never even see your message. Since many people have spam.
So you must be fast because Gmail only lets you recall your mail for a certain number of seconds.
The Undo Send feature is a convenient way to prevent the incorrect e-mail from being sent to the wrong person.