This is a nice and popular feature provided to the user by Instagram. The social media site has gained a huge user base providing users such useful and attractive features on its platform.
If you have an account on Instagram or say if you are already an Instagram user and lover you may know what does Instagram Highlights mean. Those Instagram stories are those which remain visible after 24 hours. That is to say, those Insta stories which users choose to feature in a way permanently on their profiles are known as Instagram stories.
+Instagram Story Highlights
How to add a story to featured Instagram stories
To add a story to your featured stories and pin it to your profile for as long as you want, you must:
- Go to your Instagram profile and tap the circle just below bio.
- The story file automatically opens and you just have to scroll up and down to select the stories you want to highlight.
- Once selected, tap Next at the top right.
- Decide on a title and an image or icon for your cover photo.
- Click on Add or Done in the upper right and check that it is already in your profile.
- If you want to add or remove stories or change the cover photo of the featured story, just press the circle of the featured story in your profile for a few seconds and press Edit featured story.
These stories which you will include in featured or say highlights are going to stay visible for other viewers for more than 24 hours until you delete them. Thus, you can keep your most successful stories highlighted for all and spread them more. This way, the viewers too can enjoy highlighted stories for a long time.
If you want to enhance your highlighted story, Instagram has provided you with the feature to edit or remove your story.
How to Delete a Story on Instagram or How to Edit a Story on Instagram
If you want to edit a featured story from your Instagram profile, you should:
- Go to the featured stories on your profile.
- Press and hold the story you want to edit and touch edit featured story.
- Uncheck the stories you want to delete or click File to add more stories and Done.
- If you want to remove a featured story from your Instagram profile.
- Go to the featured stories on your profile.
- Press and hold the story you want to delete and tap Delete featured story.
- Another option to remove featured stories from Instagram is:
- Open the featured story and find the one you want to delete.
- Tap the bottom right More (iPhone) or More (Android) in the story.
- Tap Remove from featured stories and Done.
You want your stories to be popular and more and more people should see them? We are going to show it to you how you can do it. Just keep reading…
How to share a story from the story archive
If you want to share a story from the archive on your Instagram Stories or by the direct message:
- Go to your profile> Menu > Archive.
- Find the story you want to share and hit Share at the bottom.
- Instagram Stories will open and then you can edit the story like any other: filters, stickers, painting, drawing …
- Choose if you want to share it in your stories, with your best friends or send someone in particular.
How to delete a story from the Instagram archive
If you want to delete a story from the Instagram file:
Step 1: Go to your profile> Menu >
Step 2: Find the story you want to delete and tap (iOS) or (Android).
Step3: Click Delete and confirm Delete again.
Step 4: Deleting a story from your Instagram archive also deletes it from featured stories. It disappears forever. It is like deleting the trash from your computer’s desktop.
You can show your creativity and create covers for the Instagram Stories highlights.
How to make Instagram Stories Highlight Cover or Icons
The covers of featured Instagram stories are important to get attention. You can make as many covers as you want, but 5 or 6 will be enough.
If you are a little handyman you can design your own icons and in this way contribute to your channel having a special touch in line with your personal brand. You can use one of the photos that make up that outstanding story as the cover background or choose an external photograph
To add a photo of your reel to the cover of the featured stories, you must press the featured story for a few seconds> Edit featured story> Edit cover> Choose the photo of the reel of your mobile phone.
Featured Instagram story covers are usually creative photos or icons that are related to the featured story. Look for icons in Flaticon, Iconfinder, or Google images.
How to archive Instagram stories
Instagram Stories stories are automatically archived in the Instagram archive. If you want to deactivate the file and the stories are not saved:
Step 1: Go to your profile and tap
Step 2: Scroll down to Settings > Privacy > History .
Step 3: Go to Saved and disable the Save to file button.
Remember that the story file can only be seen by you. If you delete a story within 24 hours, it will not be saved in your story archive
Now it is important to check out for the privacy of your stories. Watch out who can see and who can’t see your stories. You are also provided an option to regulate it.
Who sees the outstanding stories of Instagram
The visibility of featured Instagram stories is equal to stories that last 24 hours. If you have a private account, only your approved followers will be able to see the featured stories. If you have a public account, all users will be able to see your featured stories. In visualizations, you can see who sees your featured Instagram stories.
Remember that you can hide stories from certain users if you don’t want them to see them. In addition, you should know that if you see the outstanding stories of other users they realize and see that you have seen them in visualizations.
How to Hide Story Highlights on Instagram from Someone
If you don’t want someone to see your Instagram Stories, you will have to hide that user:
Step 1: Go to profile> Menu > Settings> Privacy> History> Hide history to
Step 2: Select the users you don’t want to see your 24-hour stories or your featured stories. Tap Done (iPhone) or (Android).
Step 3: To unlock someone from your stories, unchecked the button and it’s done.
When you open a featured item, you can view and navigate it like a normal story, except you won’t see the viewer list. After the story you saved has been running for 24 hours, the viewer list disappears and all you see is the hit count.
The limit for an Instagram highlight is 100 photos or videos, and you can create as many highlights as you like. Once there are too many to fit on one screen, you can scroll through them by scrolling left and right.
The highlight on Instagram is a simple yet highly attractive feature. If you use it carefully and beautifully, you can take good advantage of them for your brand or product marketing. Remember, there are millions who daily visit Instagram and see for highlights on Instagram.
How to Take Advantage of Instagram Stories?
- Showing product collections
- Answering frequently asked questions
- Promoting brand hashtags
- Providing hacks, tips, and tricks
- Working with reviews and mentions
- Promoting interactive content and contests
- Sharing images of the brand or industry events
- Showing actions “behind the scenes”
We hope you find this article useful. It will help you to use these Instagram highlights feature more artistically. Enjoy Insta…!!